Italian Wine & Food in the heart of Winchester

Italian Wine & Food in the heart of Winchester

main menu

Farnese Fantini Casale Vecchio Pecorino Terre di Chieti IGT

2013

In a Nutshell

Fresh, zesty fruit and a deliciously mineral finish.

Tasting Notes

Lively straw yellow in colour with verdant hues. This Pecorino displays delightful balsamic notes and aromas of fresh apples and pears on the nose. On the palate, it shows excellent intensity and concentration, with a round, full body. It is a wonderfully balanced wine, with both a soft texture and vibrant freshness on the finish.

Production Notes

Once the grapes were received at the winery, they were gently crushed and destemmed. They were then left in contact with the skins for 12 hours at approximately 3°C. Fermentation took place at a cool temperature of 12°C in order to preserve the character of the fruit. 80% of the juice was fermented in stainless steel tanks, the other 20% in 225 litre French oak barriques.

Grape Blend

100%

Pecorino

Placeholder

Detailed Information

Type

White

Country

Italy

Region

Abruzzo

Vintage

2013

Size

0.75L

ABV

13%

Grape

Pecorino

Closure

Cork

£14.90

Reviews

Be the first to review “Farnese Fantini Casale Vecchio Pecorino Terre di Chieti IGT”

There are no reviews yet.