Italian Wine & Food in the heart of Winchester

Italian Wine & Food in the heart of Winchester

main menu

Vie de Romans Chardonnay Friuli Isonzo DOC

2015

In a Nutshell

Well integrated oak brings out the best of Chardonnay.

Tasting Notes

Light golden with a subtle, elegant nose of summer flowers, acacia blossom and hints of honeysuckle. The wine is lightly spiced, with the judicious oak ageing bringing notes of vanilla and cinnamon. It shows lovely buttery, honeyed and floral characters, all lifted on the finish by a lively freshness that is characteristic of this area of Italy.

Production Notes

De-stemming and crushing took place followed by a pre-fermentation maceration period at 8ºC for 20 hours. Fermentation took place in stainless steel tanks over a period of 25 days at temperatures of 16ºC to 19ºC with selected yeast strains. The wine did not undergo malolactic fermentation. It spent a maturation period of eight months in oak barrels in contact with the lees. 20% of the oak was new and the other 80% was two or three years old.

Grape Blend

100%

Chardonnay

Vie de Romans Chardonnay Friuli Isonzo DOC

Detailed Information

Type

White

Country

Italy

Region

Friuli-Venezia Giulia

Vintage

2015

Size

0.75L

ABV

13.5%

Grape

Chardonnay

Closure

Cork

£35.00

Reviews

Be the first to review “Vie de Romans Chardonnay Friuli Isonzo DOC”

There are no reviews yet.