Italian Wine & Food in the heart of Winchester

Italian Wine & Food in the heart of Winchester

main menu

Specogna Friulano Friuli Colli Orientali DOC

2017

In a Nutshell

A small amount of oak lends a roundness to this wine.

Tasting Notes

Intense golden yellow in colour with complex aromas of exotic fruits, citrus and white peach complemented by nutty notes and white pepper spice. On the palate, this is a powerful wine with good acidity and a harmonious balance of fruit and spice notes with a typical almond aftertaste on a long elegant finish.

Production Notes

The grapes were harvested by hand. After destemming and soft crushing, the must was chilled to 7-8°C and then macerated on the skins for 12 hours at low temperatures. Following racking the must underwent an indigenous yeast fermentation in stainless steel tanks. 80% of the wine remained in tank with lees stirring every 20 days, the remaining 20% was transferred to large 1500 litre oak barrels with lees stirring every 10 days. After 8 months the wine was blended and bottled.

Grape Blend

100%

Friulano

Specogna Friulano Friuli Colli Orientali DOC

Detailed Information

Type

White

Country

Italy

Region

Friuli

Vintage

2017

Size

0.75L

ABV

13%

Grape

Friulano

Vinification

Vegan, Vegetarian

Closure

Screwcap

£19.20

Reviews

Be the first to review “Specogna Friulano Friuli Colli Orientali DOC”

There are no reviews yet.