Cantina Lavis is an historical winery located at the heart of the Trentino subregion. Founded in 1850 by the Cembran family, who built the initial core of the current production unit. But it wasn’t until 1948 that 14 independent winemakers formed the co-operative – continuing to acquire new members and merge with other small co-operatives in the area, now with around 800 members with around 750 hectares of land under vine.
Cantina Lavis carried out a project in the mid-80s to ‘zone’ their different plots. By analysing the soils in their plots they’ve created a map to help work out which vines should grow where to get the best from them. And this definitely shows in the consistently high quality their wines achieve.