Skip to product information
1 of 1

La Braccesca Achelo Syrah Cortona DOC

La Braccesca Achelo Syrah Cortona DOC

Red | 2022 | Italy, Tuscany | 14.0%

Ripe Syrah blend from Cortona.
Regular price £24.00
Regular price Sale price £24.00
Sale Out of stock

Achelo 2020 is an intense ruby-purple color. On the nose, aromas of red and black fruit merge with floral sensations of violets, delicate spicy hints of pepper and vanilla. Its palate is sweet and pleasant with silky tannins. A lengthy finish and pleasant aftertaste highlight fruity notes of currants, plum jam, licorice, and delicate hints of vanilla.

Product Details

Type Red
Origin Italy, Tuscany
Vintage 2022
Size 0.75 l
ABV 14.0%
Grapes Syrah • Merlot
Sulphite Content Contains Sulphites
Closure Natural Cork

Production Notes

Grapes were destemmed and gently crushed. The must was transferred into stainless steel tanks where pre-fermentation cold maceration was carried out to enhance fruity notes. Fermentation took place at temperatures that did not exceed 25 °C (77 °F) over a period of approximately 10 days. 70% of the wine was then transferred into second-fill and third-fill French oak barriques, where malolactic fermentation took place. The remaining 30% was transferred into stainless steel vats.

Producer Information

La Braccesca estate’s property extends over an area of 508 hectares (1255 acres), of which 340 hectares (840 acres) are planted with vines. Two very different personalities live side by side in complete harmony: the traditional Nobile di Montepulciano and the innovative Syrah in Cortona, an emerging wine producing area with great potential.

The estate’s name comes from the historical farm that once stood there, owned by the Count of Bracci, whose coat of arms appears on the estate’s logo; an arm covered with armor brandishing a sword. Marchesi Antinori has owned the estate since 1990.

View full details